The Funding Network
The Funding Network (TFN) is part of a global network that hosts live collective-giving events in a fun and inclusive setting. Four social entrepreneurs running grassroots non-profit organisations pitch for funding from the audience at each event.
Adopting a model that has flourished in the UK since 2002, TFN makes it possible for individuals, foundations and corporations to give collectively, starting from as little as $100 per person, whilst aiming to raise at least $10,000 for every organisation that pitches at each event.
Nelson Meers Foundation supported the following projects during 2015:
• CuriousWorks http://www.curiousworks.com.au/
• Gunawirra http://gunawirra.org.au/
• Heaps Decent http://heapsdecent.com/
• Sensorium Theatre http://www.sensoriumtheatre.com/
• Student Youth Network http://syn.org.au/
• Agelink Theatre http://www.agelink.com.au/
• YACWA https://www.yacwa.org.au/
• Enterprise Learning Projects http://www.elp.org.au/
Why did we fund this project? We are passionate about encouraging a deeper culture of giving in Australia, and making the ability to give, part of our everyday lives. The Funding Network is an exciting initiative that not only harnesses the power of community giving, but creates a springboard by connecting donors with innovative grassroots organisations.